How many stars are on the flag?
There are 50 stars representing the 50 states and there are 13 stripes representing the 13 original colonies.
How do you make a fun flag?
The five Principles are:
- Keep It Simple. The flag should be so simple that a child can draw it from memory.
- Use Meaningful Symbolism. The flag’s images, colors, or patterns should relate to what it symbolizes.
- Use 2 or 3 Basic Colors.
- No Lettering or Seals.
- Be Distinctive or Be Related.
How do you make a paper American flag?
How to make your American Flag:
- Cut out a square of blue construction paper that is 4 1/2″ wide x 4″ tall.
- Cut out strips of red construction paper.
- Glue the red strips of paper onto the white piece of construction paper to create the stripes.
- Glue the blue square in the corner of the flag.